Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Feed Me! What its all about...

I like to try new foods. I am one of those impulsive shoppers who sees those big pretty red letters screaming NEW!!! on a package of something, and feel like I have to buy it. Now, I have often ended up wasting good money on something that was new and disgusting. I have also been pleasantly surprised many times as well. So, I wanted to create this blog to let every one out there what I think of some of those NEW things I am trying. I am also trying to watch my weight, so I try a lot of reduced fat things and those wonderful 100 calorie items. So, I will probably also include my take on some of those items, even if they aren't necessarily new anymore. This way, maybe I can help others know what's worth it and what's not. And help other weight watchers know what's worth the 100 cal hit to their calorie intake for the day, and what's not.

If there is something you want me to try, let me know. I will try and find what ever it is your requesting, sample it, and post a review. If you happen to work for a place with a new product, and feel up to sending me a sample, let me know. If you send me a free sample, I will definitely try it and post about it.

I may also throw in an occasional recipe review, or restaurant review. Especially if trying a new dish at a local restaurant. Same applies here. I will try a new food out there if asked, and I will definitely try and post if given a free coupon for a restaurant to try a certain dish.

I may also just talk about some things that are new to me, but may have been around for awhile already. Or I may talk about some of my favorites.

To give you an idea what's in store, some things on my list to post about are the new 100 calorie Brownies by Little Debbie, the A&W Root Beer Float Soda, Whole Grain Pop-Tarts, Hostess 100 Calorie Muffins/Cupcakes, Hot Pockets Brand Paninis, Honeymaid Delight bars in
Chocolate and Cheesecake, and Blueberry Muffin flavored Mini Wheats. That's just a few of the things I have tried recently and can offer up a review on. See, I told you I am bad with the impulsive shopping on all things NEW!

One thing I have seen and want to try soon are Entemann's 100 calorie bites and the new Liv Active cereals. The Entemann's product looks similar in concept and choices to the Hostess brand, so I am eager to test those out. I have a box of the Liv Active cereal in my cupboard ready to go.

So, if any of the things I mentioned are something you are curious about, let me know, and I will start with that for the next posting. Now, I am a stay at home mom to 2 young kids, so I may not be as speedy as I would like, but I will try to be as expeditious as possible, and not let too much time lapse between posts or with requests.

That's all for today, I'll be back soon with a review on one of the items I mentioned above. Unless I try something else new soon that begs to be posted about right away.

Good eating to you!


No comments: